Financing for your Construction Projects
We can help you finance the purchase of your investment property, as well as finance the construction. Construction loans can be for:
- Bigger remodel / fix and flip projects
- New build homes
- Infill projects
Construction Loans can allow you to:
- Not become over leveraged with your own personal finances on a particular project, giving you more peace throughout the project.
- Leverage your finances into other projects, empowering you to make more with what you have.
- Complete the project with much more ease and less paperwork than a construction loan with a traditional bank would allow.
Standard terms for Construction loans (some transactions may vary)
- Purchases are funded at 80% Loan to Value (LTV) or Loan to Cost (LTC), whatever is lower.
- Renovation financing is typically set at 75% LTC, but draws are contingent upon Unpaid Principal Balance of the loan remaining under 80% LTV at sole discretion of the lender.
||Loan To Cost (LTC) for Renovations
|$75,000 – $2,250,000
||75% LTC – some transactions may vary
||Up to 12 months – extensions available
- Borrowers must first spend money towards building the property, then a draw can be requested where we will reimburse based on hard costs / materials installed in the property. We are unable to lend on deposits for materials that have not yet been installed onto the property.
- On projects with a budget of more than $80,000, we request that at least $50,000 is spent each time before a draw request is made.
Here are the items we request to process a draw:
- Invoices for items over $1,000
- Lien waivers for items over $5,000
- Spreadsheet or document showing a line item breakdown of costs spent for the draw
- An estimated cost to complete the project
- We will either request pictures or conduct an inspection of the property verifying the items installed.
Subdivision Loan Guidelines:
- We require to be the only lender in the subdivision
- Funds are lent at 80% of purchase price, and 75% LTC of horizontal and vertical improvements (we cannot lend on carrying costs, insurance, HOA setup, and other non-direct improvements).
- Trustor may sell individual lots and beneficiary will grant a partial release of the lot for 133% of each lot’s pro rata share of the original Deed of Trust amount based on each lot’s value as a percentage of the value of all lots as determined by the Beneficiary.
- Our partial release clause for each lot (meaning lender will release one of the parcels upon a paydown on the loan) in the amount of percentage of collateral times 1.33.
- For example: if $1,000,000 Deed of Trust loan with 4 lots that were the same lot size, home size, and final value, then each collateral value would be worth $250,000. Each lot would be released for $332,500 ($250,000 * 1.33 = $332,500).
- That means the developer profit would come out later in the project.
- If the lots and homes are different value, we prorate based on lot/home size/value.
Contact us to see if we can help you overcome an obstacle and achieve your goals.
Talk with us | Get a quote | Lock in your deal | Experience Peace